The post may be forced to close its doors, and is asking community for help …
FAIRBORN — Fairborn’s American Legion Post 526 may close its doors after 96 years of serving the community.
“We’re hoping for the best,” Post Commander Chuck Knaub said. “We’re hoping to stimulate enough interest [to raise funds]. I’d hate to be the guy who lets it down after all those who came before me.”
A lethargic economy, shifting demographics and the 444 highway corridor closure that formerly brought traffic down Broad Street from points south of town, have all worked to wear down what was once an active and thriving organization.
All donations coming into the post from this fundraising effort will be recognized on a new “Stakeholder” Plaque that will be displayed in the post, which is also offering several donation incentives:
• Donations of $25 will be recognized by a Post 526 Challenge Coin.
• Donations of $125 will receive next year’s dues free.
• Donations of $1,000 will receive free use of the hall for an event.
• Donations more than $5,000 will receive a paid life membership in Post 526.
• All persons contributing will be entered into a drawing for a large-screen TV.
For more info on how to contribute, read the entire article HERE